This is an extensive review of Ring Video Doorbells – the Ring vs Ring Pro.
Everyone wants to be secure, right? Whether it is a bank, a company, an outlet or just a home. The peace that one can have knowing that they are secure wherever they are is immeasurable. Better yet, to have a gadget that will alert you in case of any security breach whether you are home or not is heaven-sent.
A company called Ring has gone beyond leaps and bounds to create just that – video doorbells which have few able competitors if any. The Ring Video Doorbell followed swiftly in the market by the superior Ring Video Doorbell Pro, is an eye-catching innovation.
Table of Contents
Ring vs Ring Pro – Overview
|Ring Video Doorbell||Ring Video Doorbell Pro|
Wherever you are, the doorbell’s smartphone compatibility ensures that you get a notification on your iOS, Android or Windows immediately movement is detected. Once you get the notification, you can be able to see, hear and even speak to whoever it is. Without a doubt, this ensures maximum protection from burglars, intruders, and other unwanted guests.
With proper configuration, it can even send notifications to your smartwatch.
Nowadays, style matters regardless of the issue at hand. The Ring Video Doorbells are sleek and will complement your house well. They are well polished and come in a variety of beautiful colors, ranging from white to Venetian bronze. The full array of colors represented is white, silver, antique brass, polished brass, satin nickel and Venetian bronze.
Before reviewing the door bells individually, let’s take a look at the below overview.
Ring vs Ring Pro – Comparison Table
Technology is influencing all aspects of our life. Needless to say, these days it is also widely used in our home. Whether you’re speaking about a fully-fledged security system or just you a simple door bell, technology is changing everything.
As aforementioned, today I will review 2 of the most advanced video doorbells which you can opt for. I will get into the detailed specifications of Ring Video Doorbell and Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Ring doorbells get warranted competition from Nest video doorbells.
As evident in the overview above, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro is an upgrade to its predecessor. It has all the features of the predecessor and more. Let’s now check out what each of these security gadgets has to offer.
Ring vs Ring Pro Video Doorbells – Individual Reviews
1. Ring Video Doorbell Pro
Are you looking for a smart doorbell which can accomplish a wide variety of functions? Do you want the ability to monitor your door with the help of your doorbell? If your response to any or all of these questions is yes, then this doorbell is the perfect option for you.
Gone are the days of installing a separate doorbell and a separate camera to secure your home. These days, with the help of the Ring Video Doorbell Pro, you can get both features rolled into a single doorbell. Moreover, with the help of an Android or an iOS smartphone, you can easily monitor the entry points to your home from your wherever you may be. This provides you with the much-needed remote monitoring capability.
When you compare the Ring Video Doorbell Pro with the other options, you will realize that it is much more superior. Before proceeding to buy either of these video doorbells, please take some time to review their features and specifications below:
1. Super slim design: Just because you have a camera in the doorbell, it does not mean that it is bulky. It is very slim which ensures that it occupies less space and is easy to install.
2. HD video recording (1080p): Instead of just seeing the blurred image of your home entry points, you can view HD videos which would help you see the people who are in the vicinity of the camera.
3. Night vision capability: The monitoring ability of the camera is not just limited to the daytime. With night vision capability, you can see your home entry points around the clock.
4. 2-way audio communication facility: Not only can you monitor your home entry points with the help of the doorbell, but you can also communicate with the person at the other end.
5. Real-time monitoring: With the help of your smartphone, you can initiate live monitoring which would show you the current status in front of the camera.
6. Motion detection feature: You can easily mark the areas where the camera is to issue an alert. Whenever there is some movement detected in those areas, the camera automatically sends you an alert. Thus, it guarantees that you can provide superior security to your home.
7. Weather resistant: The doorbell can work equally well in all types of weather due to its robust construction. Whether it is snowing outside or raining outside, the doorbell would still accomplish its function.
8. Lifetime protection: The lifetime purchase protection makes it easier to get any hardware defects repaired. This protects you in case of any malfunction.
9. Different panel options: You can easily change the look of the doorbell with the help of the different panel options. There are 4 faceplates which can be easily changed to suit the look of your home.
- Lightweight: With the weight of just 9.6 ounces, the doorbell is not bulky at all and is easy to install.
- Small Size: The dimensions of the doorbell are 4.50 X 1.85 X 0.80 inches. This ensures that it is pretty easy to install even in smaller houses.
- Power source: The power source required is AC. This ensures that the normal power connection can be easily used.
So, if you’re looking for a smart doorbell for your home which not only helps you in monitoring your premises but also in protecting it, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro is the perfect option for you.
Click here to find out the current price.
2. Ring Video Doorbell
With the increase in the crime rate neighborhoods, it has become imperative to provide your home with as much security as possible. However, you do not need to add a huge layer of gadgets to provide this extra security. With devices like doorbells becoming smart and having multiple functions, you can now easily secure your home.
One such gadget is the Ring Video Doorbell. It is the Ring Video Doorbell Pro’s predecessor. Regardless, it has more or less the same outstanding features. As expected, the security provided is top-notch. Below, I will go through all the features and specifications that make this doorbell among the best in the world.
1. Wide viewing angle: Most of the cameras present in the other doorbells offer you a very limited viewing angle. As a result, the monitoring area is smaller. However, this doorbell provides you with a wide viewing angle which helps in detecting any intruders easily.
2. HD quality video (720p): A doorbell camera is only useful when it provides you with clear video. This doorbell gives you the HD quality video which ensures that you can clearly monitor your home.
3. Night vision capability: This video doorbell has night vision capability. This ensures that during the day and at night, you are always guaranteed an added layer of security to your home.
4. Compatible with Wi-Fi: It can be easily connected to your home by Wi-Fi to provide you with the required alerts without fail and to provide you with 24/7 monitoring capability.
5. Motion sensors: You can easily customize the motion sensing-based alerts. This ensures that whenever movement is detected in specific areas in front of the camera, an alert is instantly sent to your smartphone.
6. Easy accessibility through smartphones: You do not just have to use your computer to monitor your home. You can easily do so with the assistance of your smart device.
7. Easy to install: You do not need any special arrangement for installation of this doorbell. Also, the company provides the installation facility for a small fee.
8. Purchase protection: If there is any problem with the hardware of the doorbell, you can easily opt for the lifetime purchase protection. Without a doubt, lifetime purchase protection makes it easier for you to get the doorbell hardware problem fixed.
9. Rechargeable battery: The battery of the doorbell is pretty easy to recharge.
10. Different panel options: Consequently, you can easily choose the faceplate according to the decor and the color of your home. This makes it much more visually appealing.
11. Smartphone Compatibility: Not only can you view the video footage on your computer, but also through your smartphone. Due to this very reason, you can rest assured that you can monitor your home on the go.
12. Live chat support: In case, you are facing any problem in using the Ring Video Doorbell, you can use the live chat support on the company’s website. This is available throughout the week. As a result, you are certain of the usage and functionality of the doorbell.
13. Two-way audio communication: Instead of just monitoring the entry points of your home with the help of the camera, you can also initiate a two-way audio communication. This would further help you in securing your home because you would be able to speak with the visitors without having to unlock the door or being there physically. This provides an added layer of security as you would be able to confirm the identity of the visitors first before allowing them to access your home.
- Viewing angle: 180°
- HD video recording: Video recording capability at 720p at 30 frames per second
- Encryption: Bank-grade encryption technology
- Audio communication: 2-way audio communication capability
- It has noise cancellation facility
- Power source: Dual power source battery as well as direct AC power
- Lightweight: With a weight of just 1.4 ounces, it is pretty lightweight.
- Small size: With the dimensions of 4.98 X 2.43 X 0.87 inches, it does not take up a lot of space.
If you’re looking for an affordable security doorbell which provides an added layer of security to your home, then the Ring Video Doorbell is the perfect option for you.
To check out the current prices, click here.
Ring vs Ring Pro Video Doorbells – Verdict
Providing the maximum security to your home has become more of necessity rather than a luxury these days. It is not just for the people who are living in massive, luxury homes. As the crime rate increases even in the normal working-class neighborhoods, you have to look at the ways in which you would be able to secure your home.
Regardless, do not necessarily have to spend big hiring a gate man, or a security guard for that matter. You can easily opt for smart doorbells like the Ring Video Doorbell or the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. These would make sure that you are not only able to monitor your home but also secure it.
Due to its improvements over its predecessor, my choice would be the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. However, if you are constrained in terms of cash, you can opt for the Ring Video Doorbell – the difference is not that big. As a matter of fact, both devices them will ensure you travel, go to work, take your kids to school or even sleep, knowing you are safe!
Click here to find out the current price of this amazing device.